Understanding what is the right residential lending structure for your personal situation is complicated and time consuming.
Working with a qualified mortgage broker could potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars over the life of your mortgage.
Fornaro Financial Group are the experts in residential lending and work with you to find the right mortgage solution for your circumstances to ensure your lending structure is appropriate for your current situation.
How to be Mortgage Smart
- No two mortgages are the same. What might be right for your friends may not be right for you
- What is your property strategy? Is this property your ‘forever’ home, an investment now or in five years time etc. Your reason for purchasing the property will impact on what is the most appropriate mortgage structure
- Understand the different types of mortgages available
- Decide between fixed or variable interest rate for the ‘right’ reasons
- When comparing mortgage products it’s not just about the interest rate. Check what the service fees and additional charges are. Know about comparison rates
- Ask your lender for a better rate, their first offer is not usually their best – negotiate. Fornaro Financial Group is often able to negotiate interest rate discounts directly with lenders over and above what they are currently offering the general public
- Talk to a qualified mortgage broker to get the best deal for you. Not all lenders offer the same products making it difficult to compare products on your own
- Have your mortgage reviewed every 2 – 3 years or if your situation changes to ensure it is still the best available option for your current situation